The HydraStop process is an extension to our AquaStopTM service and is suitable for mains 200mm to 500mm in diameter. The Hydra Stop system is performed by doing an under pressure tapping into the top of the main and then hydraulically ramming a rubber stopper into the main to create a temporary shut off.
The Hydra Stop process allows any main (200mm –500mm) to be isolated at the point it needs to be minimizing the size of the isolated section meaning less houses and properties are left without water during routine maintenance work or connections. The Hydra Stop Process guarantee’s a 95% “workable” shut off.
For a better understanding of the process please click on the Animation tab at the top.
Utilising our Hydrastop system provides many benefits including:
- Eliminates finding valves that operate close to where the works are to be carried out.
- Maintains pipeline integrity & maintains fire protection.
- Eliminates supply disruption to customers, backflow contamination and water quality issues.
- No loss of fire protection as the mater main is charged at all times.
The Hydrastop package includes:
- 316SS or Imported Mild steel line stop fittings.
- The latest in line stop, stopping technology using a bullet stopper.
- Pressure testing of connection prior to drilling to WSAA Code of Practice.
- Under pressure tapping of the water main.
- GPS Co-ordinates of Line Stop fitting.
- Water main marker tape to clamp.
- Blocking as necessary to support the clamp assembly.
Some of the different uses for line stopping include
- Water main extensions.
- Replacement /Installation of in-line valves.
- Removal of disused tee pieces.
- Replacement of sections of water main.
- Replacement /Installation of in-line hydrants.
- Other programmed works requiring isolation of a section of water main such that customer supply is not affected and KPI measurements can be maintained